Real world performance figures and customer testimonials are some of our favorite things to read. Take a
look through our collection to see what some of our performance packages are running and what our
customers have to say.
Here are some of our testimonials from satisfied customers. If you would like to add your success story to this list, please click the link below.
- Joshua Fugate "Nasty69z"522 bbc, conventional heads, F3R-139, CSU carb, stock suspension mustang at 3,350lbs on 275 radials...
Best pass`s to date
fastest blow through carb drag radial car on the planet as of rite now... Thanks again steve for building such a dependable bullet for me...
- Noel BorgHello Steve,here is of our car. We won the championship again...we also won it in 2010..... we went from a 7.79 @ 184 best with this car to a 7.69 @ 188 with the PRO-VOLUTE on.......... keep in mind were the heaviest car in the class @ 3565,and this is on a Hoosier Quick Time Pro street tire, hopefully we can do business together in the future with my plans for 10.5 outlaw.... down here we call it Super Street...basically same rules as 10.5 outlaw...... I'm hoping to run YB nationals in heavy street for 2013 as well,anyways as soon as I get my F3-R I'll move forward and bring down my bullet to you for the Steve Morris treatment and give Super Street as hard of a time as I've been giving EZ Street ;) talk to you soon Steve and take care
- Craig Ondrick '68BIRD'Came into the Holly Springs race with only 7 test hits on radials ever. We were still way out gunned in TT5 / ODR with the F2 ProCharger next to the F3's, twins and 895" NOS motors but had a blast regardless and met a bunch of good guys. I believe we have the quickest and fastest F2 ProCharged radial car in the country....I don't know of anything faster. Or at least the fastest 3300# blue '68 Firebird with a BBC and F2. This PRO-VOLUTE F2 is a BAD ASS!
We blew the tires off on the first test pass, then this is basically how it went....kinda hit a wall with the chassis setup and that will be fixed next time out to prevent the down track wheelies. There's 4.5x's in it for sure.
1.24, 3.23, 4.82 @ 159.0
1.20, 3.17, 4.76 @ 153.0
1.34, 3.37, 4.98 @ 155.0
1.26, 3.22, 4.81 @ 155.9
1.24, 3.17, 4.74 @ 156.7
1.16, 3.07, 4.65 @ 153.8 (pedal'd at 150')
1.23, 3.13, 4.70 @ 156.5 (pedal'd at 150')
1.20, 3.14, 4.73 @ 154.3 (pedal'd at 150')
- Bobb MakleyWell I made it out with the car this past weekend. Went out with the same tune as the year ended last year the only change that was made is I had Steve Morris rework the insides of my F2 with his cnc PRO-VOLUTE internal mods. Man I'm not sure I made the best choice holy hell I have to start all over figuring the car back out it is a different animal. It picked up 4 lbs of boost everywhere it seems. I did not over lay last year and this but I took a look at it launch boost is up 4.5 and at 7000 it is up 4 even. it is a tire spinning sob again back to work settling it down. I only made one hit out the big end I peddled it a couple times and it ran 3 mile per hour better out the end and it was down 6 from my best 1/8 from last year with all the peddling and I might have been on the limiter just a bit. I am impressed with what it picked up and from the outside you can't really tell. I can't wait to get it sorted out and see how it runs.
Thanks buddy I know you enjoy watching me struggle with this pig
- Brian Konzyck 'VADERTA'The PRO-VOLUTE mods worked great , a little too good !! Now the cars power is to the point that I need a 1.90 or 2.10 gearset to make it consistently down the track. The blower mods really picked power up in the car through the entire rpm range . Personally I feel that the mods will make a bigger gain for me than what Steve is posting but this was a true test of pulling the blower off taking it to Steve. Steve machined the inside of the blower then bolting the blower back on the car without changing anything and running it .
Thanks for all the help with it Steve !! Thanks to you my car is an official member of the 170+ club .
- DJ Reid '67AFROMARO'We went to WCHRA's X275 race this weekend and finally got a chance to test Steve's Provolute mods. Test parameters:
Both passes were made on the same day.
Both passes were made within one hour.
Changed NOTHING, ZIP, NADA with the tire pressure, timing, tune-up NOTHING on the car between the two passes.
We then ran Pass 1, removed the stock volute & installed the Morris volute. We then ran Pass 2. We saw a 2-3 PSI boost increase and a 10-15 temp decrease across the board. Performance wise, we dropped from 5.17 to 5.03 and gained 2 MPH.
Love it or hate it, that's exactly what we saw with the change. I think a lot of people that were seeking answers earlier can look at this and make their decision as to what they think the mods are worth… I think they are worth it.
- Greg MeredithSteve is the man, no doubt. I was having oiling issues with my old 357 SBC, and decided it was time to have a professional, highly experienced engine builder take a look. After a few phone conversations, Steve talked me into the ProCharged deal and helped me sell some of my old stuff. It's been seven years ago now (2005) since I asked for a 800 pump gas horsepower. I have not touched this engine other than an occasional valve lash, and it stills runs stout as the day I fired it the first time in the car. Runs 9s and has been street driven for 7 years. When I am ready for a freshening or upgrade, I won't hesitate to give Steve a call. He is the only one to touch my engines. Also, would like to say thanks to Steve for helping me with all the small parts and extra advice every time I ask. Thanks to Ryan as well.
Greg "The Myth" Meredith
- Brent CrowWebsite: http://-I had struggled for 12 plus years to get my car into the 11's with 5 engine combinations on my 502 then (540 later) BBC Chevelle. I called Steve up after seeing a Youtube video about him and his shop. I told him that I wanted to run low 10's on pump gas. He set me up with an F2 Procharger that produces 1200 flywheel horse and 1050 at the rear wheels-WOW! It should run mid 9"s easily I would imagine but I'm still waiting for a chance to run down the 1/4 at the local track (when they open one again here in STL!) I bugged Steve and Ryan all the time on tech questions and they always came through with the friendliest and most respectful attitudes that I could ever imagine. Thanks very much guys and you'll always have my business. Take care, Brent Crow
- Steve HaleI was introduced to Steve through Marc Lamude, a fellow UK 55 Chevy owner whose experiences and achievements through Steve had impressed me so much. Steve made sure that my transatlantic deal went as smoothly as possible and was always ready with any questions put forward. He supplied one of his street engine builder packages based around a Dart small block and D-1SC all carefully packaged in it's own custom shipping crate. Marc and myself were overwhelmed with the consistent quality and attention to detail within the package. Everything had been so well thought through and nothing was of a sub standard quality. It was obvious that here was a package that was designed to not only meet the performance needs that I required but was designed to be reliable as well. Thank you Steve, all so very much appreciated.
- Brian KonczykThank you Steve for getting me on the correct path with my 400 F2 sbc. I came to Steve when I decided to build a Procharged engine. I wanted to make sure that I had the engine built correctly and knew Steve was the man for the job. He built my engine utilizing his custom ground cam and his custom designed pistons . The car idles like a mild street car and on a mild tune up it has made 800 rwhp at 6200 rpm. I intend on bringing the engine to Steve this winter and dynoing it on his dyno to turn it up a bit . With Steves great tuning skills I am sure that we will squeeze some more power from it . Thanks again Steve !
Sicerely , Brian Konczyk
- Mean Gene Sherwoodhey folks i met steve morris about a year ago and decided to spend the my retirement with him instead of the kids, steve built a 500hp n/a motor for me after wasting 100,000.00 on other so called shops and experts, man was i happy to find honest reliable people who care what they do for a living and steve was younger than me, i felt like this guy had come out of the sixties he really cares about his reputation. So steve and discussed putting a procharged 408 sb mopar pump gas daily driver 4x4 and power @ 700 horses well folks not only did steve deliver i still get 11 mpg on highway if i can keep my foot out of it and thats not only the best part im north @ 800+ i drive this with a smile every day building america so there wont be photos in fear of the thieves that would nlove this toy as much as i do no words will ever say enough and to steve morris and newera racecraft this guys r the best in the country if u ask me thanks guys keep up the great work,yes still smileing and my cheeks r sore from happiness
- Jake BrantnerTHANKS Steve for the AWESOME 509! Never in my life would I of imagined a 2000+ HP engine would "purr" like a kitten and need virtually no maintence. We really find ourselves lost between rounds with no maintence to do so we just high five and smile alot. Seriously though I HIGHLY recommend anyone considering an insane engine to call Steve and support one of the most sincere, down to earth, and knowledgeable individuals I have ever met!
THANKS again Steve!
Jakes Performance Fabrication
- Richard ForrestTo anyone thinking about building a ProCharger motor, Steve Morris is THE guy to talk to. My experience dealing with him has made all the difference in parts selection and money spent. I am just the average guy building my "dream" engine, I've never done anything like this before. I may call a manufacture for advice, but Steve KNOWS what works!!! Hands down the best in the business!! Always has time to talk and actually help. My local "race" engine builder, former Pro Stock legend assembled the short block and was horrible to work with. No time for Q&A. Customer service is what makes a great shop and Steve Morris is the MAN!!
- Ron ClevengerSteve Morris is by far the most experienced and successful blown or other wise engine builder I've ever seen.
It does not matter if it's a SS/A Hemi, off shore racer, puller, class drag racer or Pro Stock (which he was on the engine team for two ProStock world championships)........he's the engine man and I'm proud to call him my friend and brother in Jesus.
Blessings.........Ron Clevenger (Visalia, Calif).
- Marc LamudeWhen i needed to convert my old nitros motor to a Procharged motor there was only one name i needed to contact,and that was Steve Morris of Steve Morris Engines..i discussed a combination with Steve to make around 1600hp on pump gas and bought one of his engine builder packages,which consisted of F2 procharger piston & rings, camshaft,dual needle and seat carb,pro hat,intercooler and ice box ,also no end of advice over the phone.The car is more Street than race 98% street 2% race.I use the car on the road every day and the power is incredible,which is down to the combination.I cant recommend Steve enough,top fella and really knows his blowthrough stuff.
I hope to run the car end of 2009,and reckon on some decent times.
Thanks for all your help Steve.
Regards Marc Lamude..UNITED KINGDOM.
PROGHARGERS ARE WHERE ITS AT…
- Johan SamuelssonJohan Samuelsson's twin 91MM borg warners alky BBC with std style heads. Johan could not keep valves from tuliping and also could not get engine to RPM. We did a camshaft, and valve train package for Johan with a set of our custom designed hard coat piston and ring packs. This little BBC made over 2800 HP at 8000 RPM with no issues at 35 PSI boost.
"Thanks Steve your parts and tech were awesome, very happy. Johan Samuelsson"
- ROBERT JONESSteve did a great job on my 455 he is where i'll go if i need anything....Thanks Steve !
- Corey McShaneHello Steve,
I am attaching a couple of pictures of my car from the Pinks All Out event at O'Reilly Raceway Park, the car ran a best 9.74 at 140. I did not get picked for the competition but without your help on the carburetor and fuel system the car would not have even made it down the track!!! 548 BBC, F2, 15 PSI with HYD roller cam, 4150 carb and ProHat.
- Richard TisdalRichard Tisdal's 565 from Alberta Canada for his 70's camaro Robert bought our Piston and ring pack, F2 blower, carb, hat and cam kit. This engine started out a 1200+ hp on pump gas, but with tuning help over the phone the end result was 1509 all on pump gas!
- Swedish Pro Turbo Truck TeamThe Pro Turbo Truck story:
The Swedish Pro Turbo Truck, run and built by Paolo Andreini and crew is powered by a 448cui twin turbo BB Chevrolet on methanol. Due to problems during the 2007 season the motor was upgraded with Bullseye Power turbo's and Steve Morris valvetrain for 2008.
"We turned to Steve Morris for a low maintenance valvetrain that would still deliver the power and 9000+ rpms we where looking for" says crew chief Jocke Mellberg.
The motor received a basic dyno tune-up at VM Performance, Sweden and at 2537hp @ 32psi and 8500rpm it made 300hp more than with the 2007 combination and this at the same boost and rpm! Interesting note is that the combination is really designed for 45+ psi boost.
Early on Paolo ran a 6.59sec and once the team figures out how to use all that reliable power the times should start dropping.
Thanks, Steve and Bullseye Power for your support during 2008.
Swedish Pro Turbo Truck Team
- Mike CoffeyI can't say enough about Steve Morris and Steve Morris Engines. He was a great help when I converted my Nitrous Oxide motor to a Procharger Centrifugal supercharged motor. Now that I am building a 1300 plus horse power street and strip small block chevy, Steve has been there with help and great information every step of the way.
So if you are building a motor yourself and you need quality parts and quality information or you are looking to buy a complete built and dynoed motor package, I can't see how you can go wrong with Steve Morris Engines!
- Larry BrockieThanks again for all of your help. That cam works awesome! Larry Brockie
- Paul FerrucciThanks for the help you have given me in the last few years with this ProCharger blow through setup!...With 4 true street championships and having the consistency with a radial car to win the ProCharger challenge this year at Maple Grove I can’t be any happier. The car has performed beyond my expectations. I have run as fast as 8.15@171 with my 3,700 lb Malibu on radials and full exhaust.
Next year 2009 I believe we will have another great year with the new F3 from ProCharger and a larger Steve Morris cam and EFI. Can we say 7’S for true street in 09 no doubt.
Thanks Steve for all your help, Paul Ferrucci
- Malcolm & Marcia MotlerAfter running low tens with our naturally aspirated 374ci SBC we contacted Steve Morris and asked him if he could put together a package that would get our all steel 2700 lb Morris Minor pickup truck into the nines. Steve made us a custom mount for a D1SC including the pipe-work, supplied us with H-Beam rods, piston and ring package, one of his roller cams with valve springs, blow through carb, one of his hats, complete stage one fuel system, head gaskets, spark plugs, etc. Steve told us this package would make 700hp with 10 pounds of boost on our 98 octane pump gas with the rest of our engine components.
On the dyno it made 752hp @ 7000rpm with exactly 10 pounds of boost and has pushed our truck to a 9.32 @ 144.7 mph with a 1.28 60 ft with a 3600 RPM trans brake launch! WOW. We are now going to up the boost a little to try for an 8 second run (be a shame not to). Steve is a man of his word, knows what he's doing and a gentleman to deal with! We would highly recommend him to anybody.
Good luck with the new venture.
Malcolm & Marcia Motler
Spellbound Drag Race Team, from the UK
- Matt RenzWebsite: http://www.mwmcars.comWe wanted to build a ProCharged 540 engine, for our car and our research brought us to Steve Morris. After speaking with him we felt Steve was the best guy for our motor. When the engine was ready for us (3 weeks early) and the price was never increased, we were very surprised because here in Chicago our local engine shops are commonly Late on most every project we have done! Also the price normally increases the longer they have the motor! Steve's customer service and his willingness to travel and help us tune the car here in Chicago was a huge help for us.
We feel we have finally found a happy home for our shop. Steve is a great engine builder and a even better friend.
Our Sincerest Thanks,
4100 lbs Biscayne street driven and running 8.70's
Sales and Information Department
Midwest Muscle Cars
- Chris KephartWebsite: http://Redsledmotorsports.comChris Kephart
I needed a cam for a new motor I was building. It is a Vortech Supercharged BBC. I heard the name Steve Morris so I gave him a call and told him what I had. He was great with helping to get us the right cam the first time. Thank you Steve for all your help. BBC 509 Vortech Supercharger, Dart heads. Dart manifold, Fuel injection, Fast, Lunati crank, BME rods, Ross pistons, Steve Morris camshaft, Mike's transmission monster glide, Making around 2000 HP on C-16. Car is a 1962 Impala SS.
If you want to build a Supercharged motor do yourself a favor and call Steve Morris at Steve Morris Engines.
Thank you, Chris Kephart
- Jim PlimptonWhen I went looking for an engine builder to make me huge horsepower on 93 octane, I didn't have to look far. I knew my 15 to 1 nitrous engine wouldn't live on 93 octane for the Pump Gas Drags and didn't have time to mess around. Steve Morris gave me a price and a horsepower promise of 1600 plus. The only thing that was more was the horsepower and it was also completed on time!!
You couldn't ask for better performance or customer service.
Steve Morris quality is not expensive, it is priceless!
2008 Hot Rod Magazine "Pump Gas Drags" Champion
Dynomax "Power To The Wheels" Top 5 Finalist
Owner/Driver of Fastest Pump Gas Car In America!
- Josh Fugate1969 Chevrolet Z/28 Camaro 522 Big Block Chevy. Steve Morris Carb Hat Steve Morris Camshaft, F2 full Exhaust System 3 1/2 Flowmasters Currently running on 15 psi. Car weighs 3,700 lbs. Mini tubbed with full interior Ladder bar suspension Stock Control Arm Front Suspension 29 x 10.5W Slicks Best pass: 5.38 at 138 mph in 1/8th Mile Car is still driven on the street. I wanted to let you know that the car ran the best pass ever the other night and send you a link to a video of the car doing a wheel stand at the track and get your thoughts. I also wanted to let you know that I am very interested in what you will having going on with your new business and I intend to contact you soon in the near future should I need anymore parts or guidance.
Thanks, Josh Fugate
- Dave KaveshanSteve,
Just checking back in with you to say THANKS again. After two years, this pump gas ProCharged 540 you built for me has proven to be dead-nuts reliable and makes incredible power!! I really appreciated the help and advice you gave me to make sure the car was ready for it before and after I picked it up too, like the fuel and exhaust systems. I spend more time cleaning and polishing on it than tuning it, and it continues to drop jaws when people see how fast this old heavy El Camino runs at the track, then turn around and drive it down the freeway to work.
Regards, Dave Kaveshan
3,720 lbs on 295/65, went 1.34 in 60 ft, 5.69 at 125.8 in the 1/8th
- Will StevensonI started working with Steve Morris a few years ago now and could not be happier with all he has done for me. With his Blow Through parts and always being available to give tech help any day or night our racing program continues to step up! I tell everyone to use Steve Morris at Steve Morris Engines!
4.36 @ 177 in 1/8 mile
3,350 lbs on Drag Radials
Steve Morris Engines Accomplishments:
Fastest Pump Gas Car in America 7.92@182mph - Jim Plimpton
2012 Current PSCA Outlaw 8.5 E.T. Record Holder 5.22 - DJ Reid
2012 Current PSCA Outlaw 8.5 MPH Record Holder 144.88 - DJ Reid
2012 Current PSCA Outlaw 8.5 Points Leader - DJ Reid
2011 MAKO "Real Street" champion - Craig Ondrick
2011 MAKO "Real Street" ET/MPH record holder - Craig Ondrick
2011 Drag Week Champion - Jake's Performance Fabrication
2010 MAKO "Real Street" ET/MPH record holder - Craig Ondrick
2010 Ozark Raceway Park shootout series champion - Craig Ondrick
2008 Hot Rod Magazine Pump Gas Drags winner - Jim Plimpton
2008 Dynomax Power to the Wheels challange 4th place (most hp supercharged) - Jim Plimpton