DART BIG M 31273444 9.800" DECK 4.500" BORE SPORTSMAN BBC BLOCK
What is the foundation for a better big block build? It's Dart's Big M Sportsman Big Block Chevy Cast Iron Bare Blocks of course! Dart engineered the Big M to be the strongest, most reliable, and easiest to build big blocks on the market. Hey, engine building is serious business--thankfully there's Dart!
The Dart Big M Sportsman blocks feature:
* Standard 9.800 in. deck heights available for Stroker engines
* Standard 4.500 in. bore sizes with Siamesed extra thick cylinder walls to resist cracking and improve ring seal (minimum .300 in. thick with 4.625 in. bore)
* Uses +.300 in. tall Gen VI style lifters. Modifications for Gen IV style are also available
* Scalloped outer water jacket walls improve coolant flow around the cylinder barrels to equalize temperatures
* 4-bolt ductile iron main caps have splayed outer bolts for extra strength
* True priority main oil system lubricates the main bearings before the lifters
* Oil filter pad is drilled and tapped for an external oil pump
* Lifter valley head stud bosses prevent blown head gaskets
* Rear main cap uses standard oil pump and two-piece seal, no adapter required
* Mechanical fuel pump boss, clutch linkage mounts, and side and front motor mounts simplify installation in chassis
* Dual oil pan bolt patterns fit standard and notched oil pans
* Cam bearings, freeze plugs and dowels not included
Also available as a ready to assemble package from Steve Morris Engines with finish honing, with complete or partial rotating assembly, or in assembled short block and long block combinations.